Submitted by Akira TAGOH
Assigned to fon..@..op.org
there are some cases I feel an urge to cleanup/redesign fontconfig API though, let me add a note here for a chance to do so in the future.
- the API prefix isn't intuitive to find out where it's included in. e.g. FcDirCache* in fccache.c but some is in fcdir.c. and some can see in fcfs.c, fslist.c and fcmatch.c. for FcFontSet as well.
- some APIs is hard to imagine the functionality from the name e.g. FcDirCacheRead() vs FcDirCacheLoad()
- FcCacheDir() vs FcConfigGetCacheDirs() it implies from the name it may behaves similarly but FcCacheDir() returns the font directory at this moment.
- function doesn't take any structure as its prefix implies e.g. FcConfigFilename() etc
- FcConfigAppFontAddFile() and FcConfigAppFontAddDir() that could be integrated into one and branch if it's a file or a directory?
- In doc, FcConfigSubstitute() and FcDefaultSubstitute() are required to get FcFontMatch() and FcFontSort() working though, it's actually optional to do in the program. guess there may be a reason to do so but that looks to me like an error of API design.
may update more later...
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information