Hibernation doesn't work with AMD Radeon R7 265
Submitted by rog..@..il.com
Assigned to Default DRI bug account
Created attachment 117828
Hibernation works perfectly when using the integrated Intel GPU, but
it only works once when using the discrete AMD Radeon R7 265.
I am testing different GPUs by changing the primary GPU in BIOS.
When trying to hibernate for the second time, I see one of 2 outcomes:
- Display powers off, but the system stays on and stops responding to
ICMP pings and sysrq; after reset the system boots afresh and fsck
- System powers off, but doesn't resume on next boot: boots afresh and
fsck is run.
* Suspend to RAM works every time.
* Hibernation works every time as long as X has not been started.
* I am running Arch Linux, swap is on an SSD and not encrypted. I usually start hibernation with `systemctl hibernate`, but writing to /sys/power/state has the same effect.
I have no idea how to debug this issue, but would be happy to do it with your help.
**Attachment 117828**, "dmesg output":