Monitor NO Signal - if it hasn't been on since system boot
Brief summary of the problem:
The challenge I have been facing is if the monitor is OFF and the system gets booted up then I turn the monitor ON after say 20 seconds the monitor shows 'DisplayPort No Signal'. If tested with HDMI results the same.
I have tested the system with MX Linux 21 and Windows 11 (on separate spare SSD), and the issue goes away.
The original openSUSE forum link: openSUSE forum
The Bugzilla link: Bug report
Since then I have changed my motherboard from ASUSTeK PRIME Z490-A to MSI Z490 thinking maybe it is the motherboard or Asus BIOS. Have tested with another monitor in the house as well.
I have logfiles from testing with multiuser.target and graphical.target with both the monitor being OFF or ON since boot time if those help.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K (not overclocked)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800
- System Memory: 16 GiB RAM DDR4
- Display(s): ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A
- Type of Display Connection: DP
- Distro name and Version: openSUSE Leap 15.3
- Kernel version: 5.3.18-150300.59.54-default
- Custom kernel: N/A
- AMD official driver version: amdgpu 4.6 Mesa 20.2.4 ??
How to reproduce the issue:
How to Reproduce:
- Leave monitor OFF
- Start the PC with monitor OFF
- Wait about 20-30 seconds (so X-server is loaded) and turn the monitor ON
- No signal is received by the monitor (HDMI nor DisplayPort) on console 7
- Change to console 1, 2, 3 or.... Monitor will now show the login command on the respective console
No signal is received by the monitor (HDMI nor DisplayPort) on console 7 unless change to console 1, 2, 3 or.... Monitor will no show the login command on the respective console
The monitor should receive signal from the X-server and show the fully loaded desktop.