divide error in DISPCLKDPPCLKDCFCLKDeepSleepPrefetchParametersWatermarksAndPerformanceCalculation
Brief summary of the problem:
After a while (1 to 24 hours) Xorg completely freezes - nothing on screen is updated an it's not possible to switch to another tty.
According to dmesg logs it's caused by a divide error in
DISPCLKDPPCLKDCFCLKDeepSleepPrefetchParametersWatermarksAndPerformanceCalculation. There are also a ton of warnings in
dcn20_calculate_dlg_params but these don't cause an unrecoverable state.
This issue has been observed in the latest stable kernel as well as in 5.7.5 (version chosen based on https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=256929).
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics
- GPU: VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Renoir (rev c6)
- System Memory: 16GB
- Display(s): LG 34UM69G-B + laptop internal
- Type of Display Connection: DP/HDMI, both have the same issue
- Distro name and Version: Arch Linux
- Kernel version: 5.10.3
- Custom kernel: N/A
- AMD package version: 20.3.1
How to reproduce the issue:
Haven't been able to pin down the issue to a specific workload - sometimes it happens when using Firefox/Chromium, sometimes when using a full-screen OpenGL application.