Visual defects with resolution 5120x1440
Brief summary of the problem:
I'm not really sure how to define this issue, google has not been my friend in this instance.
If I take a screenshot it looks normal, but I already tried with OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and latest Linux Mint, they both have the same issue.
This happens only when I set the maximum resolution 5120x1440.
- CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
- GPU: 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao XT / Trinidad XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370X]
- Display(s): Dell U4919DW (2K QHD 5120 x 1440 (DisplayPort: 60 Hz, HDMI: 60 Hz))
- Type of Diplay Connection: DP / HDMI
- Distro name and Version: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
- Kernel version: 5.9.10-1-default
- AMD package version:
How to reproduce the issue:
The monitor is brand new, while the computer has a few years on its back, I can try any version of software/drivers/settings you can advice. I don't know how you could reproduce it, but I'm happy to provide as many logs as needed.