[amdgpu] Sound crackled / distorted on Navi14: dcn20_validate_bandwidth_fp (Kernel 5.6 till 5.11)
Brief summary of the problem:
Sound is crackled / distorted.
- CPU: POWER9 (PPC64le)
- GPU: Saphire Pulse RX 5500 XT, 8GB
- System Memory: 64GiB
- Display(s): Sony KDL-55W805C
- Type of Diplay Connection: HDMI
- Distro name and Version: Fedora 32
- Kernel version: 5.8.5 (pagesize 64KiB)
How to reproduce the issue:
Just play sound The sound is good for a few seconds. Then it starts to scratch quietly and gets worse until it is totally distorted. This behavior is repeated about every three minutes. I have the impression that deep tones speed up the behavior. Especially speech, I think. It's sounds like speech-dispatcher is enabled, but I removed it.