Firmware released on 2020-07-02 breaks video on Picasso
Brief summary of the problem:
This forwards OpenSUSE Tumbleweed bug https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1174278 where updating the firmware used by the amdgpu driver from 2020-06-10 to 2020-07-02 breaks video for Picasso APU.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
- GPU: Picasso IGD [1002:15d8]
- System Memory: 16 GB
- Display(s): Internal at 1920x1080
- Type of Diplay Connection: eDP
- Distro name and Version: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
- Kernel version: 5.7.7
- AMD package version: No package
How to reproduce the issue:
System locks up when the boot splash would displayed becoming completely unresponsive but with a continuously running system fan. The kernel logs show
kernel: amdgpu 0000:05:00.0: [drm:amdgpu_ib_ring_tests [amdgpu]] *ERROR* IB test failed on gfx (-110).