Davinci Resolve hangs when playing media
- OS: Arch Linux
- GPU: AMD Radeon VII
- Kernel version: 5.7.7
- Mesa version: 20.1.2
- Xserver version (if applicable): XWayland 1.20.8
- Desktop manager and compositor: Sway (but also happens on
This was also tested on a Ubuntu live CD to identical results.
Describe the issue
DaVinci Resolve (a color grading software in film) has an issue where files hang/freeze when playing or skipping through them.
Types that I've tested and hang:
- Blackmagic RAW 4096x2160 (quickest to hang)
- DNxHR HQ 2048x1080 (takes some skipping to hang)
- DNxHD 720p (requires a lot of jumping around to hang)
journalctl -b-0 -xe shows the same error:
Log files as attachment
While Resolve requires
amdgpu-pro, the problematic file seems to come from mesa.
Thank you for looking into this