Inferior OpenGL performance on amdgpu compared to radeon
Before submitting your bug report:
- Check if a new version of Mesa is available which might have fixed the problem.
- If you can, check if the latest development version (git master) works better.
- Check if your bug has already been reported here.
- For any logs, backtraces, etc - use code blocks
- As examples of good bug reports you may review one of these - mesa/mesa#2598 (closed), mesa/mesa#2615 (closed), mesa/mesa#2608 (closed)
Otherwise, please fill the requested information below. And please remove anything that doesn't apply to keep things readable :)
- OS: EndeavourOS
- GPU: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] (rev 07)
- Dedicated GPU: 01:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sun XT [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330 / M430 / Radeon 520 Mobile] (rev 83)
- Kernel version: Linux naveen-hpnotebook 5.7.6-arch1-1 mesa/mesa#1 (closed) SMP PREEMPT Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:14:47 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Mesa version: OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.1.2
- Xserver version (if applicable): X.Org X Server 1.20.8
- Desktop manager and compositor: Xfce & Xfwm4
Describe the issue
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Radeon R5 M330 Kernel driver in use: radeon Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu
Performance very low when amdgpu is enabled especially on OpenGL games
When I moved to Linux i enabled amdgpu and also every time even when distro hopping because its what recommended by valve
So i just got into playing CSGO and i did notice that I'm having low performance every time (Main Menu = 15 FPS, Ingame 15-20 FPS (sometimes dips to 5-9 FPS). So I just tried switching to radeon and performance just skyrocketed to 75-90 FPS on CSGO every where
I honestly don't know, if i remember correctly it also was in Ubuntu 20.04 but not this severe in games (maybe (I didnt have CSGO back then))
Any extra information would be greatly appreciated
Im completely in loss here and this is my first bug report