Why does ListActivatableNames say o.fd.DBus is activatable?
Submitted by Simon McVittie
Assigned to D-Bus Maintainers
Ever since ListActivatableNames() was added, it has included "org.freedesktop.DBus" as an activatable name:
* bus/activation.[ch] (bus_activation_list_services): new function to get the list of services that can be activated
... --- a/ChangeLog +++ b/ChangeLog @@ -1,3 +1,16 @@ +2006-07-13 Carlos Garcia Campos firstname.lastname@example.org +
* bus/activation.[ch] (bus_activation_list_services): new function to
get the list of services that can be activated
... --- a/bus/driver.c +++ b/bus/driver.c ...
- /* Include the bus driver in the list */
- const char *v_STRING = DBUS_SERVICE_DBUS;
- if (!dbus_message_iter_append_basic (&sub, DBUS_TYPE_STRING,
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me: by calling ListActivatableNames() successfully, you've proved that o.fd.DBus exists, which means it's irrelevant whether it is activatable or not.
Does anyone know why it gets returned here? I think it would make sense in ListNames(), but not in ListActivatableNames().
Version: git master