[Patch] New multi-threaded message sending test case.
Submitted by amit tewari
Assigned to D-Bus Maintainers
Created attachment 120621 [Patch] New multi-threaded message sending test case.
We would like to contribute a test case to dbus community for further extending dbus test-coverage.
We find that multi-threaded message sending test case is not available in libdbus test case. So we wish to contribute a test case where N (= 5) threads send message to server in a blocking mode and check the reply.
It will help to improve libdbus test case as well as provide a good reference for libdbus users to use it.
Test case description -
Test name: test-multithread-client
Test Source: dbus/test/name-test/test-multithread-client.c and dbus/test/name-test/test-multithread-server.c
Patch: 0001-Multithread-dbus-server-client-communication-test-ca.patch Dbus version : 1.11.1 (Master branch)
This Test program integrates into name-test directory of dbus master code and runs along with other embedded test cases when enabled in configure option. Test case working :
- Server starts and registers a object path handler and opens session on bus
- Client connect to dbus and creates 5 threads and sends message using dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() method call.
- Each thread sends 1MB of data through shared connection.
- Data is received and reply is sent back to client
- Reply is verified for thread and ack.
Please review the patch and let us know the response.
Thanks Amit Tewari
Patch 120621, "[Patch] New multi-threaded message sending test case.":
Version: git master