dbus development workflow related
Submitted by Ralf Habacker
Assigned to D-Bus Maintainers
Dbus development workflow evolves over time. This bug is intended to be a collection point for development workflow related stuff.
To get in shape hoe dbus development evolves you will find some historical data below:
- dbus development has been started (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=93cff3d)
- first mentioned bug reference pointing to bugzilla.redhat.com/
- the first opened dbus related bug on bugs.freedesktop.org (bug 896).
- first mentioned freedesktop org bug reference (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=9f13881562a0b3af65f6aa2d14b5f21ff718b66e)
- The first commit with a bug url is http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=7fa27f7d09f0900c89c77de86ef235a5dcf86bcc/
- dbus switched from cvs to git (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=d34905d8115a187a8846da0d2c67eb3826a71a8e)
- Splinter reviewing has been added (bug 26482 comment 3)
- Perfoming static code analysis using coverity (bug 90021)
Also in 2015 freedesktop.org starts to provide phabricator.freedesktop.org, a web based software development platform, which may increase the quality of the dbus development workflow and may help to reduce the required efforts to maintain bug tracking and patch reviews.