Align ACL location and structure with tbtadm/tbtacl (thunderbolt-software-user-space)
Following this discussion, it seems to be better for the users if ACL for bolt and for tbtadm/tbtacl will be the same.
Points to discuss:
- Do we agree this is desirable?
- Do we see any issue if both tools are installed side-by-side?
- Any issue with whatever kind of race condition that can happen from touching the ACL from both tools?
- If so, is it something we want to prevent somehow or just warn the user about some racy actions?
After agreeing on the previous points, the next set of considerations is:
- What is the preferred location?
- Should the tools include an option for distros to customize this location?
- What is the preferred structure and format?
- How to handle the migration / switch between the locations?
(Cross-posting it at thunderbolt-software-user-space GitHub project. Link will be provided soon.)